The Scandinavian distributors were seeking a partnership to centralize and harmonize the production and distribution processes of their vehicles’ documentation in order to reduce their costs and workload.
Key Issues / The Challenge
Requirements for a centralized production and distribution of the vehicles’ documentation include:
- Cost-effective translation / DTP processes (re-use of existing content)
- Straightforward ordering process through a web-based ordering tool
- Just-in-time delivery to a centralized HUB
- Print-on-demand system for After Sales orders
Being involved in all the project steps (from translation to the actual delivery of the end product) allowed ITP to develop a helicopter view and in-depth understanding of the different processes and requirements of the distributors.
This set-up helped to improve the 3 pillars of this project:
- Translation quality and lead time improved thanks to the implementation and maintenance of translation memories and terminology databases.
- Translation and DTP processes improved continuously with the help of specific and customized technologies such as a comparison tool highlighting new and existing content.
- Ultimately, translation and DTP costs have been decreased by 30%.
- Online tool developed by ITP that provides continuous up-to-date forecasting information, enabling efficient print order management.
- Semi print-on-demand system put in place to reduce the risk of leftover stock.
- Online tool developed by ITP to automate the ordering process as much as possible between all parties involved.
- Just-in-time delivery to the centralized HUB on a daily basis.
Ultimately, ITP could offer a full set of services that allows the distributors to reduce internal workload on all project-related tasks by almost 30%. The consolidated solution led to the client having more control and a more harmonized multi-country approach.